Cornmeal And Pear-Crusted Halibut
Submitted by: BC Tree Fruits
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds (500–750 g) fresh halibut fillets
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cornmeal
- 1 large (50 g) egg
- 1/4 cup (80 mL) milk
- 2 pears, cut in quarters, remove seeds and slice thinly
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh lemon juice
- As soon as pears have been sliced, mix in fresh lemon juice and set aside.
- Coat fish with cornmeal and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Combine the egg and milk. Drizzle over top of fillets.
- Arrange the slices of pear on top of the fish, overlapping the slices so they resemble fish scales.
- Bake at 450° F (250° C) for 20 minutes or until desired doneness. Fish should be opaque and flake easily.
- Serve with your favourite fruit puree or sauce.
For more delicious recipes, visit www.bctree.com