Parmesan Crusted Scallops With Cream Of Saffron Cauliflower Purée
Submitted by: Chef Graham Smith, Fairmont Empress Hotel, Victoria
1 tbsp (15mL) grated Parmesan
50 mL (¼ cup)
1 finely diced medium
- Cut the cauliflower in to small pieces
- In a small pot, place cauliflower
- Add whipping cream
- Wine and saffron
- On medium heat cook the cauliflower until tender.
- Once cooked let cool down and puree in a blender
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Keep warm.
- Blanch the tomato in boiling water for 30 seconds remove from the water and place in ice water. The skin will start to peel off, remove the skin.
- Remove the seeds and dice the tomato into small pieces
- Zest the lemon
- In a heavy pan, pan sear the scallops until golden on each side.
- When finished cooking the scallops sprinkle lemon zest and parmesan cheese over top