We Got Our Aprons DirtyJuly 23, 2012
Interview with Jane Ruddick, Team Manager for Culinary Team BCOctober 1, 2012
Makes 1 loaf pan
- 500g Dark Chocolate
- ½ cup Unsalted Butter
- 330ml Heavy Cream
- Fresh Raspberries (for garnish)
- Roasted Hazelnuts (for garnish)
- Melt the dark chocolate over a double boiler.
- Add the ½ cup butter to the dark chocolate. Stir the chocolate until smooth and take the bowl off of the heat to let cool to room temperature.
- In a separate bowl, beat the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Using a spatula, fold the cream into the dark chocolate.
- Put a layer of saran wrap in the bottom and sides of the pan. Spoon the dark chocolate mixture into the loaf pan. Cover with saran wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Remove from fridge before serving and carefully remove the pate from the loaf pan. Then slice the pate with a hot knife and put onto dessert plate. Serve with Raspberry coulis, fresh raspberries and toasted hazelnuts.
- 1½ pint Fresh Raspberries (or 2 packages of frozen Raspberries)
- ½ cup Confectioners’ Sugar
Cook the raspberries and confections’ sugar over low heat for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Strain through a fine sieve to remove any seeds and chill.