This soup is packed full of chicken, corn, and mexican flavors. What really makes it so comforting is the cream cheese and sour cream you throw in at the end. It turns the soup into creamy heaven! I also love the toppings you throw on before you eat it. We did shredded cheese, and homemade corn tortilla strips. Mmmmm… so good!
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 (16 oz) jar of salsa
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 2 cups corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 2 lbs skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup (4 oz) cream Cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- shredded cheese
- tortilla strips or lightly crush tortilla chips
- In a large crockpot, combine all of the ingredients EXCEPT the cream cheese and sour cream.
- Cook on Low heat for 6-8 hours.
- A half hour before serving, remove chicken breasts and shred with two forks. Return shredded chicken to crockpot. Add cream cheese and sour cream to crockpot contents. Stir and let them both melt into the soup for a few minutes until well integrated.
- Serve in individual bowls with shredded cheese and tortilla strips!