BC Beef Zesty Lettuce Wraps
- 2 lb BC Lean Ground Beef 900 g
- 2 tsp Sesame Oil 10 ml
- 2 tbsp BC Ginger 30 ml
- 2 tbsp BC Garlic 30 ml
- ½ cup BC Carrots, julienned 120 ml
- ½ cup BC Green Onions, sliced thin 120 ml
- 2 tsp Brown Sugar 10 ml
- 2 tsp Chili Sauce 10 ml
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce 30 ml
- 1 cup Beef Stock 240 ml
- ¼ cup Corn Starch 60 ml
- 1 Lime (juiced)
- 1 bunch BC Cilantro
- 1 head BC Butter Lettuce
- Quick Pickled Radishes & Cucumbers
- Miso Yogurt Sauce
- In a large pot, thoroughly cook BC Ground Beef. Drain off any excess fat.
- Add sesame oil, BC Ginger, and BC Garlic, and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add BC Carrots and BC Green Onions. Continue to sauté until carrots are lightly cooked (about 2 minutes).
- In a separate bowl, combine brown sugar, chili sauce, soy sauce, beef stock, and corn starch.
- Whisk to dissolve. Add to the beef mixture and cook 1-2 minutes. The sauce will become thick and bind the beef mixture.
- Turn off the heat, and add the lime juice and BC Cilantro and mix. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, wash and spin BC Lettuce leaves.
- To assemble, add desired amount of beef mix to each lettuce leaf and top with Quick Pickled Radishes and Cucumbers.
- Add Miso Yogurt Sauce directly to the lettuce wrap or serve on the side.
Quick Picked Radishes & Cucumbers
- 1 cup Rice Wine Vinegar 240 ml
- 1 tbsp Kosher Salt 15 ml
- 2 tbsp Granulated Sugar 30 ml
- ½ long BC English Cucumber, sliced thin
- 5 BC Radishes, sliced thin
- In a small sauce pot, bring vinegar, salt, and sugar to a boil.
- Place sliced BC Cucumber and BC Radishes in separate small bowls.
- Add equal amounts of the hot vinegar mixture to each bowl of vegetables. Be sure to cover with the pickling liquid.
- Let sit for at least 15 minutes.
Miso Yogurt Sauce
- cup BC Greek Yogurt 240 ml
- ¼ cup White Miso Paste 60 ml
- 1 Lime (juiced
- Dash Salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper as desired. Set aside.
SERVING SIZE: 4