Asian Mushroom Stir Fry
South Mill Champs
- 6 cups water
- 3 cups white rice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 cups South Mill Champs mixed shiitake and oyster mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup green snow peas
- ½ cup green onions, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup soy sauce
- Bring 6 cups of water to a boil. Add rice and salt and cover. Simmer for 18 minutes and remove from heat.
- While rice is cooking, toast sesame seeds in a dry skillet for 3–5 minutes or until seeds are lightly browned. Set seeds aside.
- Bring skillet to medium high heat and add peanut oil. When the oil shimmers, add garlic and cook for 15 seconds. Add mushrooms, carrots, peas, and green onions and stir constantly, cooking for 2–4 minutes until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove mushrooms and vegetables from the pan.
- Add soy sauce to center of pan and cook until bubbly. Return mushrooms and vegetables to the pan and cook 1 minute, stirring until vegetables are coated. Remove from heat.
- Serve with cooked white rice, and top with toasted sesame seeds.
SERVING SIZE: 6