- 1 large portobello mushroom, halved lengthwise and then roughly chopped
- 1/2 lb button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 lb mini Bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1.5 lbs asparagus, trimmed and sliced into 2-inch lengths
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tbsp. salted butter + more for serving
- 1/2 oz fresh chives, roughly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese + more for serving
- 500 g fresh three cheese-stuffed ravioli pasta (you can also use a meat variety for non-vegetarians.)
- Prepare pasta according to package directions (using salted water.) Drain and reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- Place large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add butter and once bubbling, stir in mushrooms. Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until beginning to brown. Stir in garlic, asparagus, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and half the chives. Cook for another 10 minutes, or until mushrooms are nicely browned and asparagus is tender-crisp.
- Pour in 1/4 cup pasta water and cook for 1 minute. Stir in cooked pasta and cheese. If mixture is really dry, add in a bit of butter with additional pasta water if desired. For us, the butter was enough!
- Serve with additional Parmesan cheese (if desired) and remaining chives!
For more recipes, visit www.mushrooms.ca