- 1 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 6 oz white button mushrooms, quartered or halved
- 1 packet dry citrus marinade
- 3/4 cup frozen white sweet corn kernels, thawed
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced, run under cold water
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, minced
- 2 tbsp lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 4 salmon filets (about 5 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup water
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Add 2 teaspoons of oil and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan. Add mushrooms and sauté for 2 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon of dry citrus marinade mix to the mushrooms and continue cooking for another 3 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms from the pan and place in a large mixing bowl. Add the corn, onion, red pepper, cilantro, lime juice and salt to the cooked mushrooms and toss to combine. In the same sauté pan, add the remaining teaspoon of oil and swirl to coat the pan.
- Sprinkle the top of each salmon filet with 1 teaspoon dry citrus marinade mix. Add salmon, seasoned side down, to a hot pan and sear for 1 minute. Flip over and add water to the pan. Cover and cook for another 2 minutes, or until done to taste preferences. Remove from the heat and uncover.
- Place a spoonful of the mushroom salsa on each serving plate, top with a salmon filet. Garnish with a sprig of cilantro and a lime wedge.
For more recipes, visit www.mushrooms.ca