- 8 medium-sized beets from red beet bunch
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Black truffle-infused sea salt
- Black pepper
- 4 ounces of baby arugula
- 4 ounces of goat feta cheese
- 1/3 cup roasted nuts such as walnuts, pecans or almonds
- A handful of microgreens
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Wash and remove stems from beets. Individually wrap the beets with aluminum foil and place them on a sheet pan. Roast for 50-60 minutes depending on size until soft, when you can easily insert a small knife in the middle.
- Remove from oven and unwrap each beet carefully. Place beets on a sheet pan to cool down for 10 minutes before peeling the skin.
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk the balsamic oil, olive oil, dijon mustard, 1 teaspoon of sea salt and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper together evenly. Set aside.
- Cut each beet into 8 cubes and place into a large bowl. Toss warm beets with half the vinaigrette to absorb flavour. Adjust flavour accordingly.
- In a separate large bowl toss the baby arugula and the pea shoot microgreens with vinaigrette to season.
- Put the baby arugula and pea shoot microgreen mix on a large serving bowl then add the roasted beets, goat feta cheese and nuts on top. Drizzle the remaining vinaigrette on top. Serve warm and enjoy.
For more recipes, visit www.directfood.store.