BC Greenhouse Penne With Asiago Cream
As featured on the Earth Week 2021 Cook-Along
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp BC butter
- 4 cloves BC garlic, sliced thin
- 1 large BC shallot
- 1 small BC egg plant, cut in 1.5cm dices, lightly salted
- 3 BC bell peppers, juilenned
- 1 BC Greenhouse chili pepper (optional)
- 10 BC tomatoes, small – cut into 8 pieces or
- 24 BC cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 4 cups BC whipping cream, min. 33% M.F.
- 12 leaves, BC basil, fresh, chiffonade
- 1/2 cup asiago cheese, shredded
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Cook penne pasta according to package’s instructions. Drain and reserve some pasta water for later. Set a side.
- Add olive oil, BC Butter, and sliced BC Garlic to a very large pan.
- Heat over medium heat until garlic just begins to brown along the edges.
- Add BC shallot and sauté 1 minute.
- Add BC Eggplant and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes to soften.
- Add BC Bell Peppers, BC Tomatoes, and BC Chili Pepper (if using). Lightly season with salt and pepper and sauté 2 to 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add BC Whipping Cream and stir along the edges.
- Bring cream to a boil and adjust heat to a simmer.
- Cook 3 -5 minutes more or until sauce does not run on the back of a wooden spoon.
- Add cooked pasta, stir until nicely coated. Stir until pasta is hot then remove from the heat.
- Stir in fresh BC Basil and BC Asiago Cheese. Adjust seasonings and serve.
- If the sauce gets too thick, add some of the reserved pasta water.
SERVING SIZE: 6