BC Inspired Thai Vegan Curry
BC Ag in the Classroom Chef Randle
- 1/4 cup Canola Oil
- 1 Onion, large, diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp Ginger, minced
- 2 tbsp Lemongrass, minced*
- 1 cup Red Bell Pepper, julienned (1 large)
- 2 cups BC Squash, peeled & diced into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1 cup BC carrot, grated (2 carrots)
- 3 cups BC Cauliflower flourettes
- 3 cups BC potato, peeked and diced into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1- 4 tbsp Red Thai Curry Paste
- 1 400 ml Coconut Milk
- 1 400 ml Coconut Cream
- 3 Kafir Lime Leaves (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups BC Kale, julienned
- 1/4 cup Cilantro, fresh
- 1/4 cup Thai Basil, julienned
- Sea Salt
- Lime Wedges
- Jasmine Rice, cooked
- In a 7L Dutch oven or large pot, heat canola oil and sauté the onion until soft (about 4 minutes).
- Add aromatics of garlic, ginger, and lemongrass and sauté for one minute.
- Add red pepper, carrot, BC cauliflower, BC potatoes and BC squash and continue to cook for two minutes.
- Stir in curry paste and stir for one minute.
- Pour in coconut milk and cream. Stir until combined. Add Kafir lime leaves. Bring to a boil, reduce to medium heat, and simmer for 8 – 10 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Turn off the heat and add lime juice, BC kale, cilantro, and fresh Thai basil. Stir in and adjust the seasoning with salt.
- Serve hot over cooked jasmine rice and top with fresh lime wedges.
- While fresh is always best, if you want to use the bottled puree, cut the amount in half.
SERVING SIZE: 6