- 4 oz white button mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp +1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes (can omit)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a baking sheet with olive oil.
- In a food processor, process mushrooms and garlic.
- In a large bowl, combine mushroom mixture with beef, bread crumbs, parsley, egg, 2 tbsp barbecue sauce and red pepper flakes.
- Using a standard ice cream scoop, scoop mixture into 12 even meatballs.
- Brush with remaining ¼ cup of barbecue sauce.
- Bake in oven for 35-45 minutes or until fully cooked.
For more recipes, visit www.mushrooms.ca