- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 2 cups diced onion
- ¾ cup EACH diced carrot, and celery
- 2 lb (1 kg) Lean Ground Beef
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp EACH salt and dried oregano leaves
- ½ tsp EACH black pepper, and ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 can (28 oz/796 mL) crushed tomatoes
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ cup whipping cream
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, salt and pepper. Add beef blade pot roast; toss to coat.
- In large Dutch oven, heat 2 tsp butter and 1 tsp vegetable oil over medium heat until melted; cook one-third of the beef mixture, stirring, until browned. Transfer to bowl. Repeat with butter, oil and remaining beef mixture. In same pan, melt 2 tbsp butter over medium heat. Cook cremini mushrooms, celery, and onion, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add tomato paste; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Pour in red wine; cook, stirring and scraping up browned bits, for 2 minutes. Return beef and any accumulated juices to pan. Add potatoes, carrots, thyme, parsley, bay leaves, beef broth and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to boil, stirring and scraping to loosen any remaining browned bits. Cover and braise in 350°F oven for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and cook until vegetables are tender and beef offers no resistance when pierced with knife, 30 to 40 minutes. Stir in frozen peas; cook for 5 minutes. Skim fat from surface; discard thyme, parsley and bay leaves. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
For more recipes, visit Make it Beef