Lasagna noodles are spread with a ricotta and spinach mixture and a blend of ground beef and mushrooms, then rolled up tight and topped with your choice of sauce.
- ½ lb. mushrooms, finely chopped
- ½ lb. lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained
- 1½ cups ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked per package instructions
- 2 cups spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place the mushrooms in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse until finely chopped.
- In a large skillet, cook meat, mushrooms and onion.
- In a bowl combine thawed spinach, ricotta cheese, egg and Italian seasoning. Mix well. Add to skillet with meat and mushrooms, stir until combined.
- Spread meat and ricotta mixture over each cooked lasagna noodle. Carefully roll up tightly.
- Pour 1 cup of spaghetti sauce into bottom of baking dish. Place all rolls seam side down in dish. Top rolls with remaining sauce and shredded mozzarella.
- Cover and bake for 30-35 minutes.
For more recipes, visit www.mushrooms.ca