Buffalo Chicken Dip
Recipe and photo courtesy of BC Chicken
- 1 lb chicken breast and chicken thighs
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Place chicken in a single layer on a foil lined baking sheet and cook for 30 minutes or until the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165°F (75°C). Allow to cool for 5 minutes and then shred the chicken.
- In a large sized bowl, use an electric beater to mix together chicken, cream cheese, 1/2 cup (125 mL) mozzarella cheese, ranch dressing, and hot sauce together in large bowl.
- Pour dip into an ovenproof dish, cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup (250 mL) mozzarella cheese and bake uncovered for 5 minutes or until cheese is bubbling. Serve with crackers, tortilla chips, flatbread or vegetables.
- Bread Bowl Option: Cut out the top of a 10-inch round loaf; and reserve for a spare use. Pull out some of the inside to hollow out “bowl” leaving the sides at least 1/2 inch (1 cm) thick. Pour the heated buffalo chicken dip into the bread bowl and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup (250 mL) mozzarella cheese. Bake uncovered at 350°F (180°C) for 5 minutes or until cheese is bubbling. Serve with extra bread, tortilla chips, flatbread or vegetables.
SERVING SIZE: 8