Serve this hearty and healthy hash for breakfast, brunch or dinner.
- 1 lb (500 g) BCfresh Sunset Potatoes, diced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- 4 cups (1 L) shredded BCfresh Cabbage
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Cajun seasoning
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) red chili flakes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt and pepper
- In large skillet set over medium heat, heat oil and butter; cook potatoes, onion, red pepper, celery, garlic, salt and pepper, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until slightly softened. Add cabbage, Cajun seasoning, thyme and chili flakes; cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown and cabbage starts to wilt.
- Add broth and Worcestershire sauce. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender and most of the liquid evaporates. Stir in parsley.
- Melt butter in nonstick skillet set over medium heat; break eggs into skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook for about 3 minutes or until egg whites are just set for sunny-side up or until done as desired.
- Divide hash among 4 plates. Top each with fried egg.