Chicken Parmesan Pinwheels
Recipe and photo courtesy of BC Chicken
- 2 cups leftover shredded chicken
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 nine-inch tortillas
- In a medium sized bowl, stir together chicken, 1/2 cup (125 mL) marinara sauce, Parmesan, mozzarella, cream cheese, breadcrumbs, salt, onion powder, garlic powder and oregano.
- Lay out two of the tortillas so that they overlap by half. Spread half of the chicken mixture over the two tortillas and roll them up to make one tortilla log. Tightly wrap each in plastic wrap, twisting the ends to seal. Repeat rolling and slicing with the remaining tortillas and chicken mixture. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour or over night. Once chilled, slice the rolls to make 1-inch thick pinwheels.
- In a large skillet heat 1 tsp (5 mL) canola oil over medium heat. Fry pinwheels on each side for 30 seconds, carefully flipping them over. Cook in batches if needed. Serve pinwheels sprinkled with parsley and a bowl of remaining warm marinara sauce for dipping.
SERVING SIZE: 24