Considering the amount of time and effort it takes to make this dish, you will be feasting on a rich, yet healthy meal in no time! Packed with unique and robust flavour coming from the lobster mushrooms, your salmon fillets will be dressed like royalty and fit to be enjoyed for a beautiful dinner by yourself or with your loved ones.
- 4 Salmon Fillets
- 1 Cup Mushroom
- ½ cup Sun-Dried tomatoes
- 1 Cup Baby Spinach
- 1 Cup Milk/Cream
- ½ Cup Vegetable Broth
- 1 Cup Cheese
- ½ Cup Microgreens
- 5 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- In a large non-stick skillet on medium heat, add olive oil and the 4 salmon fillets flat side down first to sear for a nice crisp crust.
- Cook for approximately 7 minutes then gently flip the salmon over and cook for approximately 3-4 minutes until no longer dark pink in the center. The salmon is cooked when the meat is slightly translucent pink in the centre and easy to flake. Remove carefully onto a plate and set aside. Your cooked salmon temperature should be somewhere between 110-140 F.
- Add minced garlic and chopped mushrooms to the skillet to release the flavour and stir occasionally for approximately 3-4 minutes. Add baby spinach and cook for 1 minute to soften/wilt.
- Add milk, vegetable broth, and Italian seasoning. Whisk and combine the mixture well before adding the sun-dried tomatoes and cheese. Simmer on medium-low heat for approximately 3 minutes until the sauce thickens up stirring occasionally.
- Place the salmon fillet back in the pan, gently coat the salmon with the sauce and simmer for a minute. Serve warm and garnish with microgreens and parmesan cheese if desired. Can be served over bowtie pasta, quinoa or brown rice for a heartier meal.