Grilled Halibut With Strawberry Mango Salad
Recipe and photo courtesy of BC Strawberries
- 2 cups (500 mL) diced BC Strawberries
- 1 mango, diced
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 halibut steaks, about 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick
- Vegetable oil
- In a medium bowl; combine all salsa ingredients and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Brush halibut with oil. Place on barbecue grill over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes per side.
- Spoon salsa over each steak and serve immediately. Serve remaining salsa separately.
SERVING SIZE: 2-3