Honey Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 1 ½ pounds of brussels sprouts
- 3 tbsp oil of choice (olive, canola, vegetable, etc)
- 2 tsp BC honey
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Remove outer leaves from sprouts and trim the bottoms. Cut sprouts in half vertically. Place trimmed Brussels sprouts, and remaining ingredients in a bowl. Stir and toss to coat evenly. Pour onto a baking sheet, and place in the oven on the centre rack.
- Roast for 30 minutes, stirring the sprouts every 5 minutes to brown evenly. Reduce heat when necessary to prevent burning.
- Brussels sprouts should be dark brown, almost black, when done. Adjust seasoning with salt, and pepper if necessary. Serve immediately.
SERVING SIZE: 2-4