This creamy curry is made with Indian paneer cheese, loads of veggies and infused with fragrant spices.
- Substitute almonds for cashews if desired.
- 8 oz (250 g) paneer cheese, cubed
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) vegetable oil, divided
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) minced fresh ginger
- 1 large potato, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) garam masala
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each ground cumin, coriander and turmeric
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each chili powder and cayenne pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) milk
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) chopped green beans (2-inch/5 cm pieces)
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) broccoli florets
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) peas
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) 35% whipping cream
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) golden raisins
- 2 tsp (10 mL) lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) toasted cashews
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Season paneer with 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper. Heat half of the oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook paneer for about 5 minutes or until golden brown all over. Transfer to plate.
- Add remaining oil to skillet. Cook onion, garlic, ginger, potatoes and carrots for about 5 minutes or until onion is softened. Add garam masala, cumin, coriander, turmeric, chili powder and cayenne; cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes or until vegetables are well coated.
- Stir in broth; return paneer to pan. Whisk together milk and cornstarch until smooth; stir into pan. Bring to boil; reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until carrots and potatoes are tender-crisp.
- Stir in green beans, broccoli, red pepper and remaining salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 7 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in peas, cream, raisins and lemon juice; cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until peas are tender. Sprinkle with cashews and cilantro.
For more recipes, visit www.bcdairy.ca