One Pot Chicken Pasta
Recipe and photo courtesy of BC Chicken
- 1 lb ground chicken or 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tsp oregano, dried
- 2 tsp basil
- 2 zucchini, small, chopped
- 7 fl oz pasta sauce, spicy
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 3 cups whole wheat macaroni
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- If using chicken thighs, chop into bite size pieces.
- In a large pot over medium high heat, stir in chicken, garlic, onion and herbs until chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in zucchini, pasta sauce, milk, vinegar, salt, pepper, hot pepper sauce and pasta. Bring to a boil, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking, for 18-20 minutes or until the pasta is tender. If the mixture is getting too thick, stir in up to ½ cup (125 mL) of hot water.
- Serve topped with shredded cheese.
SERVING SIZE: 4