Pepperoni Pizza Hasselback Potato
Recipe and photo courtesy of BCfresh
- 4 BCfresh yellow potatoes (such as Pacific Sunrise), scrubbed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 40 to 50 pepperoni slices
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella
- 2 tbsp finely chopped basil
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- Preheat oven to 425˚F (220˚C).
- Working with one potato at a time, cut a thin slice off the bottom, then place cut-side down on a clean work surface. Using a sharp knife, thinly slice the potato every 1/4-inch stopping 1/4-inch from the base to avoid cutting all the way through. Transfer to a baking dish. Repeat with remaining potatoes.
- Brush potatoes with oil, taking care to coat each slice. Insert a pepperoni slice into each slit.
- Season with salt and sprinkle with oregano. Transfer to a baking dish or oven proof pan.
- Roast in oven until tender and golden-brown, about 1 hour. Remove from oven then pour over pizza sauce. Sprinkle with cheese. Return to oven and cook until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes more.
- To serve, sprinkle with basil and chili flakes.
1 hour 5 min
SERVING SIZE: 4