Warming up each plate beforehand will keep your guests wanting more of this holiday-themed roast beef. With the added blueberry compote and the blue cheese, it gives a delightful sweet and savoury punch to your taste buds. Enjoy this meal with a glass of red wine or mulled wine for a wonderfully cozy evening.
- 1 2.5- 3lbs Beef roast
- Himalayan Salt
- Cracked Pepper
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Medium Sweet Onion
- ½ Cup Blueberry jam
- 8 Garlic cloves
- ½ Cup Microgreens
- 1 Cup Blue Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Trim excess fat and pat to dry. Sprinkle Himalayan salt and cracked pepper and firmly rub it all over to season. Press and peel 6 garlic cloves and place on top of the beef roast.
- In a large shallow roasting pan, place roast on the middle of the pan. Do not add water and cover the roast with foil carefully avoiding the garlic cloves.
- Roast for 1 ½ to 2 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 135 for medium. More or less depending on preference on doneness although it is not recommended to roast past medium well as the outer roast may be drier than the rest.
- While the roast is in the oven, in a medium non-stick skillet on medium-high heat add olive oil and diced onion. Sauté until onion is translucent approximately 3-4 minutes. Add the rest of the garlic and sauté until browned.
- Add blueberry jam to the skillet and mix evenly. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Remove roast, transfer to a carving board and let rest for 10 -15 minutes. It is important to let the roast rest before carving to allow the meat to keep cooking without drying up.
- Carve roast into desired slices and serve on a serving plate. Place blueberry compote on the roast beef slices, crumble blue cheese on top and garnish with microgreens. Season with salt and pepper if desire.