- 1 tablespoon garlic infused early harvest extra virgin olive oil
- 3 ½ pound beef rump roast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced onion
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Preheat your oven to 275 degrees F.
- Pour the oil into a large oven-safe pot over medium-high heat. Season the roast with salt and pepper, then brown the meat on both sides. Transfer to a plate when all sides are nice and golden brown.
- Stir carrots, celery, and onion into the pot and cook until they have released their juices. This will take about 3 minutes. Add butter, then cook until onions are fully translucent. This will take about 5 minutes. Sprinkle in rosemary, stir altogether then return the roast to the pot. Cover with lid.
- Place pot in oven and roast until the roast is tender. This will take about 2 ½ – 3 hours. Season vegetables with additional spices if desired
Tips: This pot roast recipe is easy to prepare. Just combine everything into a pot and watch the vegetables break down as they combine with the sauce to create a delicious gravy. So warm, hearty, and best of all…delicious! Serve the roast over horseradish mashed potatoes for a delectable dinner treat.
Serve your roast with some delicious Canadian wild rice mixed in with white basmati rice or try it with some horseradish mashed potatoes!