Cooking scalloped potatoes in a slow cooker makes them creamy and tender every time. Although any firm potato will work, we prefer BCfresh Pacific Pearl™ White Potatoes
- 3 lb (1.5 kg) BCfresh White Potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (about 1/8 inch/5 mm thick)
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) 35% whipping cream
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) milk
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) pepper
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Gruyère cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
- Lightly oil insert of 6-quart slow cooker. Whisk together cream, milk, flour, salt and pepper. Layer 1/4 each of the potatoes, onion, Gruyère, Parmesan and cream mixture in slow cooker; repeat three more times, ending with cream mixture.
- Cover and cook for 4 to 5 hours on High or until potatoes are tender. Let stand for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.
- For even more decadent scalloped potatoes, top with crumbled, cooked bacon.