- ⅓ cup canola oil
- ⅓ cup cider or white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp strawberry jam, warmed or mango chutney
- 1 tbsp liquid honey
- ½ tsp grainy Dijon mustard
- 2 green onions, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lb (500 g) Beef Flank Marinating Steak, or Fast-fry Inside Round Steak (1/4-inch thick)
- 1 medium mango or peach, peeled and sliced into wedges (optional)
- 12 large strawberries, quartered
- 6 cup mixed baby lettuce greens
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1/2 Spanish or sweet onion, diced
- To make dressing/marinade: In 1 cup glass measuring cup, combine oil, vinegar, warmed jam, honey, mustard, green onion; season with salt and pepper to taste. Place half in sealable freezer bag; set aside remaining mixture as dressing.
- Pierce steak several times with fork. Add steak to bag; seal tightly and refrigerate, for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Discard marinade. Pat steak dry with paper towel and season lightly with salt. Pan-fry in a lightly oiled heavy non-stick or cast iron fry pan that has been heated over medium-high heat. Cook, 1 minute for the fast-fry steak or 4 minutes for the flank. Flip steak; cook another minute for the Fast-fry or 4 to 5 minutes for the Flank. Allow to rest for 1 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, divide salad greens, mango (if using), berries, celery and diced onion among 4 plates. Carve steak across the grain and top each salad. Drizzle each with a portion of the reserved dressing.
For more recipes, visit Make it Beef