- 4 lbs (2 kg) Lean Ground Beef
- 4 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp EACH ground cumin, salt, paprika and ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 red bell peppers, finely chopped
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 2 cups corn, fresh, frozen or canned
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 8 small tortillas, flour or corn
- Taco toppings: chopped tomatoes, avocado, shredded lettuce and cilantro
To make Big Batch Tex-Mex Beef
- Cook ground beef and spices in Dutch oven over medium-high heat for 9 to 10 minutes, breaking into small chunks with back of spoon, until browned and completely cooked. Drain well, and return to pot. Add bell peppers and onions, simmer for 8 to 10 minutes until vegetables are softened. Add corn and heat through 1-2 minutes.
- Spread mixture in a single layer on several foil or parchment paper-lined baking trays; freeze just until meat is firm, about 1 hour. Loosen beef mixture into chunks; scoop meal-sized portions into freezer bags. Freeze for up to 3 months.
To make Tex-Mex Beef Tacos
- Set aside 2 cups Big Batch Tex-Mex Beef. Stir in salsa. Evenly fill tortillas with beef mixture and top with taco toppings.
For more recipes, visit Make it Beef