- 1 lb (500 g) Beef Tri-Tip
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 ripe medium avocado, cut into rough chunks
- Salt to taste
- 4 corn tostada
- 1/2 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/4 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 can (398 mL) refried beans
- Slice the meat into thin strips and season with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tbsp oil in nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add beef and stir-fry for 5 minutes, until browned but still pink in the centre. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, combine pumpkin seeds, olive oil, cider vinegar, avocado and salt in a food processor or blender container; blend until a pesto-like consistency.
- Top each tostada with some lettuce, beef, refried beans, onion and tomato. Finish each with a spoon of the Mexican-style Pesto.
For more recipes, visit Make it Beef