- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1 cup diced cooked ham
- 3 tablespoons of blood orange early harvest extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/2 of a large red or green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 an onion, diced
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 4 cups of cooked rice
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 3-4 green onions, sliced
Preparing the Egg
- Place a medium non-stick pan or skillet on a stove at medium to high heat and pour in the coconut oil.
- Crack open 2 eggs into a regular-sized bowl and whisk it.
- Pour the egg from the bowl into the pan with sizzling oil and scramble. Then remove the egg from the skillet and set it aside.
Preparing the Rice
- Heat up 3 tablespoons of blood orange early harvest extra virgin olive oil and one teaspoon of sesame oil at medium to high heat until it starts to sizzle.
- Once the oil starts to sizzle, add garlic, red chili flakes, ham and begin to stir fry until the ham turns golden.
- Add the bell pepper, onion, and peas into the skillet and stir fry for 2-3 minutes or until the desired tenderness.
- Add in the rice, eggs, and soy sauce and stir for 4 more minutes.
- To add a tropical flavour, add desired fruits such as pineapple, grapes, apple, or strawberries.
For more recipes, visit www.directfood.store.