Truffle And Smoked Morel Mac ‘n’ Cheese
Recipe and photo courtesy of DirectFood.store
- 1 Cup Mushrooms
- 100g Cream Cheese
- 100g Smoked Gouda
- 2 Cups Shell Pasta
- 1 Cup Milk
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tsp Truffle Oil
- 2 Tbsp Flour
- Truffle Salt
- Cracked Pepper
- In a medium pot over high heat boil water for the shell pasta (or any pasta). Cook pasta per directions on packing for approximately 8-11 minutes. Strain and set aside.
- Wash smoked morel mushrooms carefully and slice lengthwise before placing in a bowl.
- In a medium-sized, nonstick saucepan, melt 1 tbsp of butter then add the sliced morel mushrooms. Stir occasionally for approximately 5 minutes or until tender and soft. Season with truffle salt and cracked pepper. Set aside in a bowl.
- Using the same saucepan melt 2 tbsp of butter over medium heat then add the quinoa flour. Whisk together until well mixed with the melted butter for approximately 2 minutes.
- Add milk slowly while continuously whisking the flour/ butter mixture until smooth with no lumps.
- Add the goat cream cheese and whisk until the mixture is smooth and the sauce thickens approximately 3-4 minutes. Season with truffle salt and cracked pepper to taste.
- Add cooked pasta and stir until pasta is well coated in sauce. Add morel mushrooms and combine until mixed.
- Scoop the pasta into a large bowl and add small chunks of smoked gouda pieces. Mix and serve in a bowl, drizzle with truffle oil and enjoy!
SERVING SIZE: 3-4 people