Warm Carrot Salad
Recipe and photo courtesy of BCfresh
- 8 BCfresh Carrots, thickly sliced diagonally (about ½ inch/1 cm thick)
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) lemon juice
- 2 tsp (10 mL) honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- In pot of boiling salted water, cook carrots for 6 to 8 minutes or until just tender; drain well.
- Meanwhile, whisk together oil, lemon juice, honey, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper until blended; toss with warm carrots. Stir in parsley. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Stir in a handful of raisins or sliced almonds for added texture.
SERVING SIZE: 8