Balsamic Glazed BC Strawberries And Chevre Salad
Recipe and photo courtesy of BC Strawberries
- 8 cups (2 L) mesclun salad mix
- 11/4 cup (50 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups (500 mL) sliced BC Strawberries
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) olive oil
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil (optional)/li>
- 2 oz fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- In small saucepan, over medium-high heat, bring vinegar to a boil. Boil uncovered until slightly thickened, 1-3 minutes. In small bowl, drizzle vinegar over strawberries and toss gently. Set aside.
- In small bowl, whisk together oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Any excess vinegar from strawberries, drain off and whisk into dressing.
- Add enough dressing to salad to coat lightly. Arrange a nest of salad onto six salad plates; arrange glazed strawberries over salad. Sprinkle chevre over each salad.
SERVING SIZE: 6