Asparagus Salad With Strawberries, Radish And Goat Cheese
Recipe and image courtesy of BC Strawberries
- 8 cups (2 L) mesclun salad mix
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups (500 mL) sliced BC Strawberries
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped fine
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chevre, crumbled (goat cheese)
- (Optional: add nuts such as pecans or walnuts)
- In large bowl, toss salad greens.
- In small saucepan, over medium-high heat, bring vinegar to a boil. Boil uncovered until slightly thickened, 1-3 minutes. In small bowl, drizzle vinegar over strawberries and toss gently. Set aside.
- In small bowl, whisk together oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Any excess vinegar from strawberries, drain off and whisk into dressing.
- Add enough dressing to salad to coat lightly. Arrange a nest of salad onto six salad plates; arrange glazed strawberries over salad. Sprinkle chevre over each salad.
SERVING SIZE: 2