As featured on the Mother’s Day 2021 Cook-Along
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup craisins (dried cranberries)
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips or chunks
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, unsalted, cold and cut into 12 pieces
- 1/2 cup and 2 tbsp whipping cream
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp orange zest
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp bc whipping cream
- Preheat oven to bake at 400F.
- Combine 2 cups (500 ml) flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, Craisins, white chocolate, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add BC butter and cut in using a pastry blender or a fork until butter is pea-sized.
- Combine BC Whipping Cream, BC Egg, vanilla, orange zest, and orange juice in a separate bowl.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry. Gently combine using a wooden spoon. Do not over-mix.
- Dust flour on a work surface and turn the dough out.
- Cut dough in half and flatten out to create 2 – ½ inch thick circles.
- Divide both circles into 6 equal triangles.
- Place cut scones onto lined baking tray.
- Brush this with remaining BC Whipping Cream.
- Bake for 18 – 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire cooling racks.
- Meanwhile, make glaze by combining powdered sugar and 2 tbsp (30 ml) of the BC Whipping Cream.
- When scones are cooled, drizzle with glaze.