Strawberry Puff Pancake
Recipe and photo courtesy of BC Strawberries
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) flour
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 3 cups (750 mL) sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) orange juice
- 3/5 cup (175 mL) whipping cream
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) maple syrup
- icing sugar
- In medium bowl, beat together eggs, milk, salt and flour until smooth. In 12 inch (30 cm) oven-proof skillet melt butter; pour batter into skillet. Bake at 450 F (230 C) for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 F (180 C), bake for 10 minutes or until brown and crisp. Pancake will puff up when baked but will fall when removed from oven.
- In medium bowl, pour orange juice over strawberries; let stand 5 minutes. In small bowl, whip ¾ cup cream until soft peaks form; stir in maple syrup.
- Slide pancake onto serving plate; spoon berries over half the pancake. Fold pancake in half over berries. Dust with icing sugar. Cut pancake into 4 pieces; top with whipped cream.
SERVING SIZE: 4