As featured on the Mother’s Day 2021 Cook-Along
Chicken Sausage Patties:
- 1/2 pound ground BC chicken
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp sage, fresh, chopped or
- 1 tsp dry sage
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Dash of canola oil for cooking
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup water
- Dash of salt & pepper
- 4 slices sourdough (or your favorite bread)
- 8 eggs, large
- 1 tbsp and 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup gouda cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped
- Pinch of ground black pepper
Greenhouse Salad with Vinaigrette:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- 30 mini cucumbers, sliced
- 1/4 Red onion, sliced very thin
Chicken Sausage Patties:
- Combine all ingredients except BC Canola Oil.
- Divide the ground chicken mixture into 6 – 8 egg-sized portions.
- Flatten to create a thin patty.
- Cover the bottom of a frying pan with canola oil and heat on medium.
- When the oil is hot, carefully add patties. Cook for 2 minutes on each side until brown or internal temperature reaches 74 C.
- Place cooked patties on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Keep warm.
- In a sauté pan, heat butter and add BC Asparagus. Sautee for 2 minutes.
- Add water and allow to steam for 2 minutes until tender.
- Remove from pan, season, and keep warm with patties
BC Egg Scramble:
- Place bread in the toaster, and butter when done. Set aside and keep warm.
- On a flat surface, crack BC Eggs and place in a mixing bowl.
- Beat vigorously with a fork until well mixed.
- Place 1 tbsp (15 ml) BC Butter into a 10” non-stick frying pan.
- Turn onto medium heat until butter is just melted.
- Add eggs and reduce heat to low.
- Using a heat-resistant silicone spatula, scrape the bottom and sides of pan rapidly until curds start to form.
- Remove the pan from heat and continue to stir until curds stop forming.
- Place pan back on heat and continue to cook the eggs very slowly. Remove the pan from heat if it starts to cook too quickly.
- When eggs are almost done, remove from heat and mix in BC Gouda Cheese, BC Chives, and pepper. Keep stirring until done.
- Place one piece of toast on each plate and cover with ¼ of the BC Asparagus.
- Add one chicken patty in the centre of the toast.
- Divide the creamy BC Egg Scramble over top.
BC Greenhouse Salad with Vinaigrette:
- Combine olive oil, vinegar, Dijon mustard, and salt and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Add BC Tomatoes, BC Cucumbers, and BC Onion.
- Mix to coat all of the vegetables.
- Serve with main dish.