Tres Leches Cake
- 3 BC Eggs, large
- ¾ cup Granulated Sugar 180 ml
- 1 ¼ cups BC Whole Milk 300 ml
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract 3 ml
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour 240 ml
- 1 tsp Baking Powder 5 ml
- Pinch Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon 15 ml
- 1 ¼ cups Sweetened Condensed Milk 300 ml
- 6 ½ tbsp Evaporated Milk 100 ml
- 1 cup BC Whipping Cream 240 ml
- 1/3 cup Powdered Sugar 80 ml
- 3 BC Strawberries, fresh
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Beat BC Eggs and granulated sugar on high until they are pale and thick (about 3 minutes).
- Add ¼ cup (60ml) BC Whole Milk and vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in the sifted dry ingredients to combine.
- Add ¼ of a cup of batter to the bottom of 6 ungreased 250 ml, wide-mouthed mason jars (you can also use 250 ml ramekins or even an 8”x 8” cake pan).
- Sprinkle a light layer of cinnamon on top of the batter.
- Top with another ¼ cup of batter.
- Place the filled jars on a cookie sheet and bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Remove cakes from oven and cool cakes on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining 1 cup (240 ml) of BC Whole Milk, sweetened condensed milk, and evaporated milk.
- Poke many holes in the cakes to allow for the greatest absorption.
- Pour 1/3 of a cup of the milk mixture over each cake.
- Evenly divide any remaining amongst the cakes.
- Whisk together BC Whipping Cream and powdered sugar until thick.
- Top each cake with a dollop of whipping cream and garnish with half of a fresh BC Strawberry.
SERVING SIZE: 6