White Mushroom Pizza
Submitted by: South Mill Champs
- Prepared 12-inch pizza crust or fresh pizza dough
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ cup marinara or pizza sauce
- 1½ cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Italian sausage with casing removed (about three 4” links), cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 6 medium-size whole South Mill Champs white or crimini mushrooms sliced 1/8 inch wide or 6 ounces pre-sliced white or crimini mushrooms
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Remove sausage from casing and cook until browned and crumbled.
- If using fresh pizza dough, sprinkle hard surface with white flour and roll into square or circle until dough is 1/4-inch thick with crust edges. Once dough is rolled out, sprinkle cornmeal on the back of a baking sheet or pizza paddle and transfer dough (to help the pizza slide on and off the backing sheet or pizza stone). Brush olive oil lightly on crust edges.
- Spread sauce on pizza crust. Sprinkle cheese evenly. Top with cooked Italian sausage. Add sliced mushrooms. Sprinkle to taste with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and oregano.
- Bake on oven rack, ungreased baking sheet, or pizza stone for 12–15 minutes or until crust is crispy brown and cheese is melted.
SERVING SIZE: 2-4