- 1-2 pork tenderloins, trimmed and cut into 1” thick disks.
- (salt & pepper)
- Olive oil
- Salted butter
- 1 Medium white onion
- 3-4 large Golden Delicious apples
- 1 200 ml apple juice box
- 1 cup chicken broth (from bouillion or tetra)
- 1-2 tsp crumbled dry sage (according to preference)
- 1/2 cup liquid whipping cream, 33% (can sub coffee cream, 18%)
- 2-4 Tbsp Calvados or Brandy
- Pound disks of pork to 1/2 “ thickness and season with salt and pepper.
- Saute them in 2 Tbsp olive oil over medium high, 1-2 minutes per side; set aside.
- Add 1-2 Tbsp butter to hot pan, add chopped onion and sliced apple.
- Saute until onions are translucent and apples begin to brown.
- Add Juice, Broth, and Sage and simmer until liquid reduces to your liking. Add the cream and brandy, return the cooked pork (and juices), heat through. Check the temperature of the pork with an instant read thermometer before serving (140-160 deg F)
- Serve over rice or noodles.
For more recipes, visit www.bctree.com