For more recipes and cooking tips, visit www.bcturkey.com
- 1 lb. (0.5 kg) boneless, skinless turkey thigh meat, cut into bite-sized chunks
- ¾ cup (175 mL) oyster sauce
- ½ cup (125 ml) hoisin sauce
- 3 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbs (15 mL) fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tbs (15 mL) soy sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- ½ green pepper, chopped into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- ½ red pepper, chopped into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped, fresh baby bok choy
- 1 cup (250 mL) mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tbs (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 277ml (9 oz.) can bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 277 ml (9 oz.) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- ½ cup (125 mL) canned pineapple chunks, drained
- 3 cups (750 mL) cooked white rice
- 3 cups (750 mL) vegetable stock plus 3 tbs (45 mL) vegetable stock
- 1 tbs (15 mL) cornstarch
- ¼ cup ( 60 mL) green onion, chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) crispy chow mein noodles
- Marinate turkey pieces in the following: oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, 2 finely chopped cloves garlic, ginger and soy sauce. Chop the onion, peppers, bok choy and mushrooms while the turkey marinates.
- Heat vegetable oil in a wok or large fry pan. When oil is sizzling, add 1 finely chopped clove of garlic, and then add all of the vegetables. Cook 3 minutes or until tender-crisp, then add bamboo shoots, sliced water chestnuts and pineapple chunks.
- Place all of the cooked vegetables/pineapple mixture in a large bowl with the cooked rice.
- Using the same fry pan, on medium-high heat, add turkey and marinade. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring to prevent turkey from sticking. Using a slotted spoon, remove turkey and add it to the rice and vegetables.
- Reduce heat to medium and add 3 cups (750 mL) vegetable stock to pan and simmer for 3-5 minutes. Mix together cornstarch and 3 tbs (45 mL) vegetable stock, then whisk into marinade/stock mixture. When sauce starts to thicken pour it over the rice and turkey mixture and gently fold together.
- Transfer to a 4 litre (1 gallon) casserole dish with a lid and bake in a pre-heated 350ºF (180ºC) oven for 25 minutes.
- Uncover and top casserole with green onion and chow mein noodles just before serving.
For more recipes, visit www.bcturkey.com