The beef develops a deep flavour as it tenderizes in this simple Spanish-accented marinade recipe.
- Grated zest and juice of 1 medium orange
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp crushed dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 lbs beef marinating steaks or medallions (inside round, sirloin tip, or cross rib), cut 1-inch thick
- Combine orange zest and juice, onion, vinegar, garlic, rosemary, salt, pepper and cumin in large sealable freezer bag. Pierce meat all over with fork and place in bag with marinade. Seal and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours. Discard marinade; pat medallions dry with paper towelling.
- Grill on lightly oiled grill over medium-high heat in closed barbecue for 10 to 12 minutes, turning at least twice for medium-rare doneness 145°F (63°C). Remove to clean platter; tent with foil for 5 minutes.
- Serve with Spanish Couscous Salad.
Spanish Couscous Salad:
- Measure 1 cup (250 mL) couscous into large heatproof bowl.
- Pour 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) boiling water over couscous; cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in 1/4 cup (50 mL) EACH chopped sweet red and green pepper, segments from 1 medium orange (coarsely chopped) and 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh cilantro.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve at room temperature.
For more recipes, visit Make It Beef