Submitted by: Dana Reinhardt, via Windet Farms
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 sweet bell peppers, seeded and sliced thinly
- 2 greenhouse tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 lbs. flank steak
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 6 flour tortillas
- Salsa and sour cream
- Whisk together lime juice, crushed garlic, 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro, 1 Tbsp. of canola oil, Worcestershire sauce, oregano, pepper flakes, cumin and coriander. Marinate steak in mixture for 12-24 hours.
- Preheat grill or grill pan to high and preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Remove marinated meat and pat dry. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Cook steak for 3 minutes on each side for medium rare. Remove from heat and rest for 10 minutes.
- Heat remaining canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, peppers and cook for 8 minutes. Add finely chopped garlic and cook for one minute. Remove from heat and season with salt.
- Thinly slice the steak and divide among the tortillas. Top with pepper mixture, chopped tomatoes and remaining chopped cilantro. Serve with salsa and sour cream.
For more delicious recipes visit www.windsetfarms.com