For time-efficiency when making this recipe, prepare the vegetables while the beef marinates. Serve over broad egg noodles and sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley.
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb Beef Stir-fry strips or grilling steak, 1-inch thick, cut into strips
- 1 package dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cups sliced button mushrooms
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- Combine white wine, cornstarch, paprika, salt and pepper in large sealable freezer bag. Add beef strips; seal bag, squeezing gently to massage marinade into beef. Refrigerate for up to 30 minutes. Meanwhile, combine 1 cup (250 mL) boiling water with porcini mushrooms; soak for 20 minutes. Drain through paper towel lined sieve, reserving soaking water. Rinse mushrooms; chop finely and set aside.
- Drain meat through colander set over bowl reserving marinade. Stir-fry beef strips using medium-high heat in hot lightly oiled nonstick skillet for 2 minutes or until browned but still pink inside. Transfer meat to clean bowl.
- Cook onion with dried and fresh mushrooms in same nonstick skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 7 minutes or until softened and golden. Increase heat to medium-high. Return beef to skillet along with any juices in bowl, reserved marinade and 1/4 cup (50 mL) reserved mushroom soaking liquid, tomato paste and mustard. Bring to boil, stirring constantly until just thickened. Stir in sour cream and heat through.
For more recipes, visit Make it Beef