Best Ever Lean Beef Burgers
Submitted by: Recipe & photo courtesy of Canada Beef & BC Cattlemen's Association
WOW – finally a great-tasting lean burger! Chopped mushrooms and evaporated milk are added for extra juiciness, and Worcestershire sauce is a super-simple seasoning. Use a moderate heat for grilling to avoid scorching.
- 1 lb Extra Lean or Lean Ground Beef
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Pepper, to taste
- Lightly combine all ingredients.
- Gently form into six or seven 3/4-inch (2 cm) thick patties. Cover and chill for 1 hour or up to 1 day.
- Cook patties over medium heat on lightly greased grill for 6 to 7 minutes per side until a digital instant read thermometer inserted sideways into centre of each patty reads at least 160°F.
For more delicious beef recipes and to join the Make It Beef Club, please visit Make it Beef