- 5 cups(600 g) French bread (6-8 thick slices) cut in 1.5” square cubes.
- 4 (200 g) Large eggs
- 3 (50 g) Large egg yolks
- 1 cup (240 ml) Half & half 10% cream
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) Maple syrup
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) Butter – melted
- 1.5 cups (225 g) B.C. blueberries – fresh or frozen
- 1.5 cups (225 g) Bacon (15-20 slices)
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F/ 175°C
- Butter a non-stick 8 x 8 inch baking pan.
- Cut stale bread into 1.5 inch cubes and set aside.
- To make your own stale bread, cube fresh bread and bake in oven at 150°F/65°C for 30-60 minutes until dry.
- Fry slices of bacon in a pan, let cool and cut into ¾ inch pieces.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, egg yolks, cream, butter and maple syrup.
- Soak the cubed stale bread in the egg mixture for 10-20 minutes until bread absorbs the egg mixture.
- Fold in the bacon and blueberries.
- Pour into the buttered baking pan.
- Bake in a 350°F/175°C oven for 50-65 minutes until bubbling and golden brown.
- Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup.
For more dairy recipes, visit www.bcblueberry.com