Blueberry Superfood Salad
Submitted by: BC Blueberry Council
A quick and easy salad using local superfood: BC Blueberries. Drizzle with Flax Lemon Vinaigrette.
- 2 cups (200 g) Raw kale – stem removed and chopped
- 1 ½ cups (225 g) BC Blueberries – fresh or frozen
- 1 ½ cups (225 g) Cooked quinoa – cooled (2/3 cup uncooked quinoa)
- 1 cup (150 g) Raw beet – peeled and grated
- 3 tbsp (30 g) Hemp hearts
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) Flax lemon vinaigrette
- ¼ cup (35 g) Sunflower seeds
- In a bowl combine kale, blueberries, cooled quinoa, grated beet, hemp hearts, and flax lemon vinaigrette.
- Top with sunflower seeds.
Flax Lemon Vinaigrette
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) Flax seed oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Fresh parsley
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Honey
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) Salt
- 1/4 tsp (1.5 ml) Turmeric powder – optional
- In a bowl, whisk together lemon juice, parsley, honey, lemon zest, pepper, salt, and turmeric.
- Slowly drizzle in the flax seed oil until emulsified.