Braised Pork With Apple Cream Sauce
- 250 mL (1 cup) Cream
- 1 kg (2 lb) cubed Pork
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) Butter
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) Flour
- 1 clove chopped Garlic
- 2 chopped Onions
- 2 cubed Apples
- 4 whole Star Anise
- 125 mL (½ cup) dry White Wine
- 500 mL (2 cups) Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- Dredge pork in flour.
- In a saucepan, melt butter and cook pork until browned. Remove from saucepan and set aside.
- In the same saucepan, cook garlic, onion and apple until soft.
- Return pork to pan and add star anise. Add wine and boil to reduce by half.
- Add broth and cream; simmer, half-covered, until tender, about 1½ hours.
SERVING SIZE: 8