Chicken In A Pouch
Submitted by: Dana Reinhardt, via Windset Farms
A classic French method for cooking fish or chicken. The chicken steams in a pouch with peppers and tomatoes, creating its own sauce.
- 4 6 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- pinch chilli flakes
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 sweet bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. whipping cream
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. chicken stock
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. Italian parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Arrange 4 – 14 inch pieces of tinfoil on a work surface.
- Season each chicken breast with salt, chili flakes and garlic powder.
- In a small bowl, whisk together whipping cream, Dijon and chicken stock.
- Place one chicken breast in the middle of each piece of tinfoil. Top with 1 Tbsp. of butter, a quarter of pepper and tomatoes and sprinkle with Italian parsley.
- Fold the sides of the foil up around the chicken breasts, making a sort of square bowl and pour Dijon mixture into each pouch.
- Seal pouches and place on a baking sheet in the oven. Steam for 35 minutes.
- Open pouches carefully (steam can be very hot). Place chicken breast and vegetables on a plate. Top with sauce and serve.
For more delicious recipes visit www.windsetfarms.com