To make the Chips:
– Cut the chips from Kennebec potatoes, approx. 1/8 of an inch by an 1/8 of an inch. Soak in cold water.
– This is a 2 step process; first you need to heat up your oil to a low temp (300 degrees) and then carefully blanch/cook the Chips for 3-5 minutes. Then you raise the temperature of the oil up to 350 degrees to cook the Fish and crisp up the Chips;
For the Fish:
– Get your local fish monger to cut you 3-4 oz pieces of fish (halibut & ling cod are the best)
– Season with sea salt and cracked black pepper; dredge the fish in plain ‘Cloud 9’ flour to coat all around
For the Batter:
– Whisk 2-3 cups ‘Cloud 9’ gluten free flour (or substitute flour of your choice) with 1 can of soda water & 1 tbsp baking powder.
– You want the batter thick enough to coat but thin enough to be delicate. This ratio should be perfect.
– Carefully drop the fish in the oil and cook for 3-4 minutes until golden brown
– The flour has a light speckled brown color to it so the fish with look that way too…it looks awesome and very appetizing!
– Bring the fish out of the oil, let rest on some paper towel and drop the Chips to get crispy! Approx. 1 minute
For the Dip:
– 1 tub Plain Oikos Greek Yogurt
– 1-2 tbsp soy sauce (gluten free)
– 1 tbsp Tabasco
– 1 lemon, juiced
Mix all the ingredients in with the Oikos and enjoy!
Toss the chips immediately when they come out of the oil with sea salt and serve crispy and hot with the Oikos Dip and the ‘Cloud 9’ Gluten Free Fish n Chips.
|SERVING SIZE: 3-4|